Saturday, September 06, 2008

Back in New York

I'm back in New York. It was a hectic summer. I need to add a lot of blog posts still, I will do them retroactively. My summer was not blank, it was very very full.

It was bittersweet to come back to New York. I was missing San Francisco as we touched down (something special in the air at JFK airport); it didn't feel like coming home, it was muggy and unpleasant, and the flat was a mess. But it was really good to see friends again, and the people I know at Columbia. The photos are from Alissa Tan's birthday, celebrated at an Italian trattoria in the West Village. Alissa demonstrates here what it is to be bound at the ear with a yak sock to everyone's favourite PhD candidate in Tibetan Studies, and shopper of exotic goods, St. Ace.

No comments: