Monday, September 25, 2006

A Classic Jog

I've been able to start jogging again since my twisted ankle recovered. My jogging mate is called Michael, he's a journalist from Austria doing a postgrad here. , and earlier on tonight we went to Central Park for the first time. It takes about 15 minutes to jog there from where I am staying at International House.

Jogging into the heart of the park we came to the reservoir ... a setting in a thousand films, like a smal circular lake, but this was for me the ultimate jogging experience. The buildings of Manhatten were on three sides, the sun was going down with sunset and spectacular dark clouds behind the Chrysler Building and the other skyscrapers of midtown Manhattan. An awesome 360 view of the city which we jogged around twice - with packs of other New Yorkes. It was a moment - and they are suprisingly rare - when it really hit me that I was living in New York.

No comments: