Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New Mokum Week Zero

Tomorrow I will have been in New York a week. I wanted to start a blog of my impressions and images of the city; I will be here for only 18 months.

This is the last photo of me on my house boat in Amsterdam, the day before I left. The book is "Ik ben een New Yorker".

About the name: Mokum is the old yiddish name for Amsterdam, New York used to be New Amsterdam, I have just moved here from Mokum, so it all ties together ... at least it feels that way at two o'clock in the morning.

Tomorrow is the start of the semester at Columbia and I still haven't got a final list of courses. The city never sleeps, but right now I sure need to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Will. We are most impressed with your New Mokum news reports. Keep them coming. We want to phone you sometime; maybe you should let us know the best time. Lots of love, Mum