Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In-Flight Entertainment

I am in San Francisco. After a hectic day's packing and three hour's sleep last night none of this seems real. But my first impressions of the city are: its beautiful, nothing like New York, cold, something like Cape Town. I'll try and qualify this another time. I am staying in the Mission District, which is the latino quarter (I've eaten tacos for lunch and a burrito for dinner) in a shared house with two other guys. The house is full of kitch art and lights because Rob, one of the two, is an artist.

Tomorrow is my first day at Google.



The flight over here was a beautiful, shifting kaleidescope of landscapes from the air: desert with green crop circles in Utah, farmlands in California's Central Valley, the snowy Rocky Mountains and Sierra Nevada. The five hour flight was a reminder how vast this country is.

No comments: